Expressions of Interest are now open to attend the 2023 UTS Australian Summer Accounting Conference. The 2023 Conference will comprise a key-note address by Professor Peter Easton (University of Notre Dame) and 7 paper presentations. Each paper presentation will be followed by an invited discussant. In 2023 the conference will return to an in-person event, held in the Dr Chau Chak Wing building, home to the UTS Business School. The conference regularly attracts leading accounting researchers from around the world, and presenters include faculty from leading institutions in North America, Europe and Asia. The Accounting Discipline Group at UTS is committed to ensuring that the Australian Summer Accounting Conference continues as the premier event of its type in the Australasian region.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
Professor Peter Easton – University of Notre Dame.
PAPERS TO BE PRESENTED
• Climate-Related Uncertainty and Managerial Short-Termism, Tyler Kleppe (University of Kentucky)
• Do Firms Become More Toxic after Going Public? Evidence from Hydraulic Fracturing Operators, Wen He (Monash University)
• Doing Good by Being Smart: Green Innovation, Firm Performance, and ESG Funds’ Capital Allocation, An-Ping Lin (Singapore Management University)
• Do Sustainability Rating Matter: Evidence from Private Wealth Investment Flows, Amir Amel-Zadeh (University of Oxford)
• TruPS, I Did It Again: The Impact of Fair Value Circuit Breakers on Banks’ Impairment and Trading Decisions, Zoltan Novotny-Farkas (The Vienna University of Business and Economics)
• Forecasting Styles, Robbie Moon (Georgia Tech)
• Competitive Target Pay Practices for CEO Compensation, Francesco Reggiani (University of Zurich)
Complimentary. Inclusive of full day catering and networking drinks on the 9th & half day catering and after conference drinks on the 10th of February.
Please go to: https://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts-business-school/accounting/what-we-do/research/events/2023-uts-australian-summer-accounting-conference