Academic position in Managerial Economics
Last modification : Thursday, June 30, 2022
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) of the KU Leuven has a vacancy for a full-time academic position in Research Group Management, Strategy and Innovation (MSI). We look for motivated candidates with an excellent or promising track record in research and demonstrable teaching skills in the area of Managerial Economics and related to the research domains of the MSI department.
You are an ambitious, internationally oriented researcher in the domain of Managerial Economics. You publish in international top journals within the field, attract external research funding, develop international research projects, and advise doctoral students. You strive for excellence in research and as such contribute to the reputation of the Faculty of Economics and Business. You have an outspoken interest in fundamental scientific research and also perceive opportunities for valorization of research findings and applied research.
- The specific courses assigned will depend on your profile and experience. You also contribute to the continuing development of the educational programs of the department, and you supervise master theses. Tenure track candidates start with limited teaching duties.
- You develop teaching methods in line with the KU Leuven approach of research-based education with an emphasis on activating students (see http://www.kuleuven.be/english/education/education-at-ku-leuven). You take advantage of the opportunities offered by the faculty and the university to further develop your teaching skills. You contribute to the educational philosophy of the university, and you show commitment to uphold the high standards of its programs.
You show a willingness to integrate in the research group, to actively participate in and contribute to professional group activities, and to take up internal service duties. You put teaching and research activities at the service of society and aim to contribute to the broader social debate. Tenure track candidates start with limited service duties.
- You have a PhD in Economics, Business or Management or a PhD in a related domain with evidence of expertise in the research domains of the MSI department.
- You have excellent research potential. The quality of your research is demonstrated by the quality of your PhD dissertation, promising research projects and papers, publications in top-tier peer-reviewed journals and/or international research experience. Junior applicants are expected to show research excellence through a pipeline of promising research projects, papers and academic references. Experience in writing grant proposals and a strong international network are recommended.
You can show evidence of strong didactical skills and preferably have teaching experience in the domains relevant to the MSI department. You have the necessary communication and organizational skills and are a team player.
- A good knowledge of English is required. The official language used at KU Leuven is Dutch. If you do not speak Dutch (or do not speak it well) at the start of employment, KU Leuven will provide language training to enable you to take part in meetings. Before teaching courses in Dutch or English, you will be given the opportunity to learn Dutch, respectively English, to the required standard.
- The vacancy is open to both junior and senior researchers. PhD students in the final phase of their studies may also apply. The successful candidate will be hired in the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or (Full) Professor depending on your qualifications and academic experience. Junior researchers will be appointed as assistant professor in tenure track for a period of 5 years, which in case of a positive evaluation is followed by an appointment as a tenured associate professor.
- You will join a dynamic and internationally oriented research environment. This full-time position initially requires a clear commitment to the study programs offered on the Leuven campus of the FEB, where you will join the Department/Research group of MSI. We offer a dynamic and internationally oriented research environment, with frequent collaboration with colleagues of the Research group across the different campuses of the FEB.
- The Faculty of Economics and Business has systematically been ranked highly by several independent accreditation committees regarding the quality of its research and teaching programs. The FEB has recently acquired the renowned EQUIS accreditation and benefits from an extensive national and international network, both in academia and in the business world. For more information, please consult: http://feb.kuleuven.be/eng/research.
- KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, and partner career coaching, among others. To facilitate scientific onboarding and accelerate research in the first phase a starting grant of 100 000 euro is offered to new professors without substantial other funding, appointed for at least 50%.
- The KU Leuven pursues a policy of equal opportunity and diversity and explicitly encourages underrepresented groups at the university to apply. For more information, please consult: http://feb.kuleuven.be/eng/about-feb/jobs and https://feb.kuleuven.be/nl/0790-bro-intzap.pdf.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Bruno Cassiman, Chair of the search committee, Faculty of Economics and Business, mail: email@example.com.
External Reference letters (required for junior applicants) can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should enclose the following documents: motivation letter, reseach and teaching statement, job market paper and a sample of your research. For more detailed information, check the job application procedure on the following website:
For problems with online applying, please contact email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than November 01, 2022 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Employment percentage: Full-time
Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven
Apply up to and including: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Tags: Business Economics
Find function in the organizational chart
Apply for this job