This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a qualified accountant to reinforce its Finance Team, currently composed of three colleagues: one accountant, one financial officer (“ex-ante”) and one clerical officer.
This is a full-time position of contractual agent (GFIII) for one year (September 2022 – September 2023).
The indicative salaries grid is available here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?qid=1655287180214&uri=CELEX%3A52022XC0615%2801%29
Tasks to be performed:
- Preparation, encoding and accounting of payments, Strasbourg missions, bank statements, inventories and depreciation;
- Preparation of the annual report, drafting of various administrative documents and filing of accounting documents;
- Contacts with Members, their assistants, employees and suppliers of the group as well as the external audit;
- Investments, control of funds and contacts with banks;
- Allocation of quotas and updating of the Members’ annual 400 budget line;
- Annual recovery of VAT from Member States;
- Preparation and participation in the group’s Finance WG meetings, as well as meetings with accountants from other political groups.
Qualifications and experience required:
- An excellent level of English and a very good knowledge of another EU language;
- An educational background in line with the nature of the function as described here above;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of the Financial Rules and the rules ruling the expenditure of political groups in the European Parliament (budget line 400);
- Knowledge of the BOB accounting software
- A good knowledge of the financial rules governing the expenditure of the Members of the European Parliament (General expenditure allowances, Secretariat allowances, Travel allowances, etc.);
- Knowledge of additional EU language;
Under article 82, (3) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 29th of August 7pm CET (Brussels time)