Period: from February 2024 to June 2024
The European Academy of Management (EURAM) is a professional community of engaged management scholars and reflective practitioners – open, inclusive, international and cross-cultural.
EURAM places a strong emphasis on multidisciplinary theoretical perspectives and methodological pluralism, and promotes critical examinations of the historical and philosophical roots of management theory and praxis.
EURAM aims to enhance the quality of research, improve its relevance for responsible and effective practice and contribute to the social and political discourse on management.
The intern‘s main responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the organisation of a doctoral colloquium and a large academic conference to take place in Bath (UK) with 2000 attendees as well as support in organising membership meetings and workshops
- Produce statistics and reports on an on-going basis
- Work on ad hoc projects which might include identifying funding opportunities, developing a job market enhancing the website, developing the association’s communication tools, building databases of the various stakeholders, etc.
Bachelor in in communication, event management, business administration
- Previous professional experience in a non-for profit organisation
- Experience in event organisationSkills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in an international environment;
- Team player capable of working under pressure in a small and dynamic environment;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc);
- Some experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) for websites and with Custom Relationship Management platforms (CRM) is a plus.
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to work within a small team and under pressure;
- Have the ability to multitask without losing track of details;
- Be enthusiastic and show willingness to learn;
- Have excellent oral and written English and ideally working knowledge of another European language;
- A valid working permit to work in Belgium.
By the end of the project, the intern will have:
- A good understanding of all aspects, including governance, operational and legal of the running of a complex non-profit organization and international conference;
- First-hand experience of managing long-term customer relations through a variety of media
- Independently produced research-based reports for operational use;
- Liaising with partners across Europe and the world from the academic, business and policy sector.
We offer a friendly and international working environment. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn and take initiatives. EURAM will cover public transportation costs. Should the stagiaire have completed his/her studies, the remuneration will follow the Belgian scheme for stagiaires.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 15 January 2024, with subject “Internship Application 2024”. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Interviews will take place in December/January in Brussels.
The successful candidate is expected in February 2024.