WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is the leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and diversity and a high commitment to excellence.
WHU invites applications for the position of
Professor of Financial Accounting (f/m/d)
located at WHU Campus Vallendar, starting as soon as possible.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU adheres to three research principles: quality, internationality, as well as practical and academic relevance.WHU faculty con-sistently publish their research in the most prestigious journals. The position is based in the Finance & Accounting Group.
▪ Conducting teaching across the various WHU degree programs in English
▪ Performing research in the field of Financial Accounting, contributing to re-search activities of the WHU Financial Accounting and Tax Center, and publish-ing in leading research journals
▪ Developing and maintaining corporate connections
▪ Mentoring doctoral students
▪ Performing services for the school
▪ Contributing to thought leadership and the academic community
▪ Ph.D. or equivalent academic qualification in Accounting or a closely related discipline
▪ Outstanding research record as evidenced by publications in leading academic journals (e.g., Top 3 Accounting journals and Financial Times 50 journals), presentations at excellent conferences, and a strong research pipeline
▪ Strong teaching record, especially in English, and a commitment to teaching excellence and innovation
▪ Outstanding English communication skills
▪ International experience
What we offer
WHU offers a competitive salary as well as an attractive package consisting of a gen-erous research budget, research assistants, and administrative assistance. Moreover, our modern campuses provide faculty with a high-quality research and teaching infra-structure. WHU is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications fromindividuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the benefits of diversity and there-fore foster an international, inclusive, and inspiring working environment. We also offer opportunities for personal development, including language courses as well as inte-gration assistance for new faculty members.
Our campus in Vallendar is located in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a 65km stretch of the 1,230 km long Rhine River. With its castles, historic towns, towering vineyards, and steep slopes, this section of the river is a UNESCO world heritage site. Major cities are dotted along the banks of the river and within easy travel distance. Koblenz marks the meeting point of the Rhine and Mosel rivers. Perfectly placed, Vallendar and its surrounding area is never short of things to see and do.
Join a top European business school and become part of a strong faculty team com-mitted to excellence in management education!
For informal inquiries about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Professor Martin Jacob (firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send your application, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, full publication list indicating your five most relevant publications, teaching evaluations, and names of three references by email to:
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Professor Jürgen Weigand
Campus Vallendar, Burgplatz 2, D-56179 Vallendar