The Team Management Accounting at the Department of Organisation and Learning, Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, seeks to fill as of 15.09.2022 (or later) the position of a
University Assistant (PhD position)
The position is limited to 4 years. The position starts with 20 hours/week (50%) and will be increased to 30 hours/week (75%) after finalising the dissertation agreement.
• Writing a PhD thesis in the field of management accounting based on your independent research
• Participating in other research activities of the management accounting team
• Independent teaching (starting with 1 teaching hour/semester, later 2 teaching hours/semester)
• Engaging in your own further education
• Participating in administrative tasks
Who we are and what you can expect
The Team Management Accounting (Prof. Dr. Albrecht Becker & Prof. Dr. Silvia Jordan; https://www.uibk.ac.at/iol/management-accounting/) is doing research in the field of interdisciplinary accounting research and part of the research centre Accounting Theory & Research (https://www.uibk.ac.at/atr/). Through our international network as well as the international research seminar we offer the opportunity to establish yourself in the international accounting research community and to participate in international PhD seminar.
What we expect
• Pertinent Masters or Diploma degree
• Interest in interdisciplinary accounting research (social studies of accounting)
• Professional interaction with students
• Capacity for teamwork
• Please hand in with your application a brief description of your ideas re. your dissertation topic (5 pages max.)
You can find the official job advertisement, further information on conditions of employment, and the link for your online application in the University of Innsbruck’s career portal (Chiffre BWL-12907): https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=12907 (in German; for the English version, please change language at the top of the webpage).
For more information, you are welcome to contact Albrecht Becker directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications: 08.09.2022