Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to application and research-led teaching, as well as to career development of young researchers and to the dialogue with economy and society. That way, the University of Vienna contributes to the education of future generations and to the society’s ability to innovate.
The appointment of particularly qualified researchers to university professors is an important strategy of the University of Vienna. Become part of this vibrant and future-oriented organisation.
At the Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics of the University of Vienna the position of a
(full time, permanent position) is to be filled.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in both research and teaching in the field of Financial Accounting. She*he conducts high quality research and publishes in the leading international journals of the field.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Doctoral degree/PhD and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
• Habilitation (venia docendi) in a subject field relevant to this position or an internationally accepted equivalent qualification is desirable
• Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
• Experience in designing, procuring and managing large research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to lead research groups
• Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities as well as the ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promoting young academic colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees. In addition, the University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to be prepared to take over responsibility on the organisational level of the Faculty and the University, if necessary.
• a negotiable and attractive salary (classification according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff, allocation to job group A1; section 98 of the Universities Act 2002); the salary will be individually negotiated under consideration of the previous career development and the current income situation
• in addition to the statutory social insurance, the University of Vienna offers a pension fund to its employees
• a “start-up package”, in particular for the initiation of research projects
For more detailed information, please view the attached PDF file.