For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars.
Warwick Business School (WBS) is a world-class business school at the heart of a world-class University . Our vision is to be Europe’s leading university-based business school, with a global reach, advancing the understanding of management, and developing innovative, principled leaders that can advance management practice in the private, public and third sectors.
Accompanying our vision is a four-fold mission:
• To produce and disseminate world-class, cutting edge research that shapes the way organisations operate and businesses are led and managed
• To produce world-class, socially responsible, creative leaders and managers who think on a global scale, regardless of the size of their organisation
• To engage meaningfully with business and government to create a better society
• To provide a lifelong return on investment for students and alumni
Our reputation is based on our world-class staff, both academic and administrative, and world-class facilities. In addition, as the largest department of the University of Warwick we have a very talented and diverse student body, with students from around 120 countries across our undergraduate, masters, MBA, and PhD programs.
Accreditation and rankings
WBS is proud to be part of an elite group of global business schools who have been accredited by all three premier international management education bodies:
• European Foundation for Management Development’s quality inspectorate, EQUIS
• The Association of MBAs, based in the UK
• AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, based in the USA. WBS was the first UK institution to attain this accreditation
Current details of our placing in the various media-based rankings can be found here
The Financial Times
• Ranks our Full-time MBA in the global top 50 and 8th in the UK
• Ranks our Distance learning MBA 2nd in the world, and 1st in the UK
• Ranks our Executive MBA in the world’s top 25
• Ranks our MSc in Finance 16th in the world and 2nd in the UK for pure finance courses
• Ranks our MSc in Management 23rd in the world, and 3rd in the UK
Our Full-time MBA is ranked 1st in the UK and 18th in the world by The Economist.
WBS London, The Shard
In 2015, WBS opened its downtown campus at London’s iconic building, The Shard, the tallest building in the European Union, offering the following part-time courses there:
• DBA – Doctor of Business Administration
• Executive MBA
• Tailored Executive Education courses for companies and individuals
• Postgraduate qualifications in Central Banking and Financial Regulation, delivered exclusively for, and in partnership with, the Bank of England
Our academics produce world-leading research in all fields of management, which is why we attract the very best PhD candidates. 100%of full-time faculty who teach and research at WBS have PhDs and our doctoral community is thriving.
We offer a range of executive education programmes including diplomas, short courses, and customised programmes for corporate clients and individuals, and consult with industry to keep our programmes fresh, relevant, and accessible. The fact that many graduates return for further study with us later in their careers demonstrates our effective blend of academic research with the practicalities of the workplace.
Opened in summer 2015, a £25million extension to our main site on the University of Warwick campus has increased the size of the existing building by 40%, providing an impressive infrastructure for our student and academic community.
So what is it that makes Warwick Business School so different to anywhere else?
• Excelling at research
We strive for excellence in research and can genuinely claim to be home to some of the world’s best researchers.
• Excelling at teaching
Our world-class researchers are also superb teachers, skilled at using a variety of teaching methods to engage and instruct.
• Excelling at recruiting the brightest students
The lure of working with top-class scholars, real world experts, means we attract the very best candidates and the company is always stimulating.
• Excelling in producing the most valuable graduates
Our graduates have a thirst for learning and a rounded approach to life and work. With academic theory and practical skills, they hit the ground running in any company.
Excelling in breaking new ground
Our ambition is to give our students the best possible education, in the most inspirational environment possible, to ensure they reach their true potential.
‘The University of Warwick provides an inclusive working and learning environment, recognising and respecting every individual’s differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010.’
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/ or are seeking sponsorship under Tier 2 of the UK points-based immigration system
please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship under Tier 2.